Yes I am a foodie.
My eyes sparkle at the sight of a homemade dish that I have not yes experienced.
My nose can sniff melted butter from miles away. I don’t eat as much as I want to. I am very careful about what I eat 80% percent of the day so that I can eat what I want to during the rest of the time. I eat lots of whole grains and insane amounts of vegetables.
Here are my foodie rules.
1. I would rather butter over sugar. Butter doesn’t cause me to feel guilty. Sugar makes
me feel hungry and tired.
2. I never eat soup at restaurants unless it is a really good restaurant and I know that they make the soup from scratch.
3. I am slightly lactose intolerant but I will eat any dairy products when out of the house. I will not risk getting a stomach ache for processed cheese or fake milk products. I will risk a stomach ache for risotto any day of the week.
4. I almost never have any cookies in my house unless they are homemade or really good store-bought cookies. There is no way that I would risk my foodie calories for some boring cookie.
5. At home I only drink water.
Note: I try to live by these rules but I tend to break them sometimes. Nobody is perfect.
What are your foodie rules?
For more about <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/19/dining/19fat.html?