GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE CONTEST
The Seattle Cheese Festival is conducting a recipe search for the best grilled cheese sandwich. The contest is open to home cooks and professional chefs. The winner will be invited to demonstrate the recipe during a cooking demo at the Seattle Cheese Festival, which takes place at Pike Place Market on May 15 and 16, 2010. The winning sandwich will be featured online at www.seattlecheesefestival.com and on the menu at the café at DeLaurenti Food & Wine.
The deadline for entry is May 1, 2010. To enter, email recipe to email@example.com. The winner will be notified by May 5, 2010.
- The recipe should contain readily available cheese and bread.
- The recipe can contain up to six ingredients.
- Include a brief description (75 words or fewer) of the inspiration for the sandwich.
The recipes will be judged based on creative use of cheese, flavor profile and relative ease of method.
- 2009: Crystal Ortiz with Grilled Suds N’ Cheese
- 2008: Jeff Bergman with Grilled Stichelton and Black Forest Ham Sandwich
Don’t miss Cheese-a topia
About the Seattle Cheese Festival:
The Seattle Cheese Festival is an annual destination artisanal cheese festival for the general public and the foodservice industry to taste, celebrate and better understand artisanal cheese made locally and around the world. The festival, founded in 2004, takes place at the famous Pike Place Market in the heart of downtown Seattle. DeLaurenti Food & Wine is the founding and primary sponsor of the event. For more information, visit www.seattlecheesefestival.com and www.delaurenti.com.