Summer is oficially here, the sun is shining and the weekends are getting busy. Here are some things to do this week.
1. Eat cherries and strawberries.
National Rainier Cherry Day is July 11th. The exceptional sweetness of a Northwest cherry is credited to its rare microclimate and rich volcanic soil, with harvesting that doesn’t happen until its discerning growers determine the cherries have reached their peak sweetness. More information here.
Shuksan Strawberries are here. The Shuksan, known for its floral fragrance, deep-red color throughout, and sweet-tart flavor, is now available at several Metropolitan Markets and Whole Foods Markets, as well as at area farmers markets. Anthony’s has a strawberry shortcake on the menu made with these berries.
2. Indulge. The chocolate lovers dream. All the chocolate you can eat for $25 at The Seattle Chocolate Salon on Sunday July 11th.
3. Enjoy Bastille celebrations. Chefs demos, music and French celebration at the Bastille Day festival held at Seattle Center. Also, don’t forget Campagne ‘s Bastille day celebration on Wednesday in Pike Place Market and Le Pichet ‘s Bastille celebration at 6 pm. Update: one more Bastille event to enjoy : http://www.theadventureschool.com/blog/bastille-day-fete-2010/
4. Add a little spice to your weekend. El Gaucho presents burlesque on July 9th.
5. Party with live music. The annual Ponti Patio party will be held on July 11th.