Despite the rocky financial times, new restaurants are opening all the time. Here is a list of some new places to check out.
1. Seatown Snack Bar, Tom Douglas’s recent eatery and take -out bar combine the bounty of the market with a casual dining atmosphere.
2. Ethan Stowell’s Staple and Fancy located in Ballard is already known for its 4 course menu for $40.
3. The Walrus and the Carpenter, Seattle’s slick new oyster bar is located in Ballard.
(Note, Staple & Fancy and The Walrus and the Carpenter are in the same building, so plan on doing at both if you can)
4. Blackboard Bistro , West Seattle’s new eatery offers a unique tasting menu; you name the price and the dishes keep on coming.
5. La Bete, Capitol Hill’s new restaurant is about Northwest food and connecting with the neighborhood.
6. Matt formerly behind Matt’s in the Market’s, just opened Lecosho at the Harbor Steps.
7. Cantinetta in Bellevue. Chef Tomer is is bringing house made pasta and classic Italian to the Eastside.
8. The Popular Wine bar , The Local Vine has moved to Capitol Hill.
If you are interested in checking out all the food trucks, Mobile Chowdown is this Friday.